Followers

Saturday, September 3, 2011

An Unlikely Last-Minute Unique Combo!!

I haven't been this excited about swatches in a while, hence my lack of posting lately. Boredom, and a bad manicure @ a salon today, and I was ready for something new. I decided to give one of my new Zoya swatches a shot today - Yara. It's a gorgeous color! A deep olive green with yellow sparkles in it. I love it but I still felt it was just a bit dull. Needs something brighter. I topped it off with a new NYX swatch I received from the Hautelook NYX sale a few weeks ago. It's a flakie polish called Pink Avenue - which isn't all that pink, actually. It's clear with gold/green/yellow flakes in it. I don't see pink, but maybe it might show up in the daylight.

It really made for a beautiful combination! I imagine this NYX color would light up just about any color. If you can get your hands on this (where do they sell NYX, anyway? I don't think I've ever seen it in stores) I definitely recommend grabbing a bottle.




Back on the subject of Hautelook...here is the set of 4 NYX polished I received. I am in love with them all! I'm quite impressed with the uniqueness of their colors.



7 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Now don't hold me to this...but I could have sworn I saw a NYX display at an Ulta. You might check there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *squeel* i have this flakie and i tried it just the other day and i lovveeee it, can't wait to see swatches of peach avenue as i'm lemmin all the nyx flakies now : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !! Great combo!!
    And great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, looks great Julie! I swear I was thinking to do the same thing with my Pa dark green and flakie polishes-great minds think alike! I really need to get my hands on some of those NYX polishes..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo and I've seen and purchased NYX at Urban Outfitters ;)

    ReplyDelete